Volunteering Requirements at SCS
Get Involved — Volunteer!
The St. Catharine School motto speaks to our community’s commitment to living a well-balanced Christian life. As parents, we consistently strive to demonstrate by our actions those virtues and behaviors we wish to foster in our children.
St. Catharine School provides countless opportunities for parents to demonstrate the virtue of service to our children. One way, in particular, is for members of our PTA (every parent and guardian with a child at the school is a PTA member) to volunteer your time at different events throughout the school year.
Protecting God’s Children Background Check Process
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Volunteer applications can be found HERE
- Please bring a copy to Julie McKelvey at the rectory after completion or email to email@example.com
- A listing of the current sessions being offered can be found HERE
- **Do not choose a re-certification session if you have never been VIRTUS trained before.**
- Please bring a copy of your certificate to Julie McKelvey at the rectory after completion or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Background checks are done through the Department of Education
- New Applicants please use New Applicant Process HERE
- NEW APPLICANTS ARE ANY SCS VOLUNTEER PAST OR PRESENT
- Anyone that has been fingerprinted through DOE before should use the Archive Process. Ex: (Previous or Current NJ Public or Private School Employees) Please contact the rectory if you need further instructions.
- If you also volunteer for the parish and have already had a background check through that process please contact the rectory.
- After approximately two weeks after your appointment, you can visit the following website https://homeroom5.doe.state.nj.us/chrs18/?app-emp-history to obtain your clearance information.
- When you receive your clearance letter please bring a copy to Julie McKelvey at the rectory, or email to email@example.com; you will be notified when your badge is ready.
- Background checks must be renewed every four (4) years.
- Volunteering at St. Catharine School (SCS)
- Application Form (3 pages)
- IdentoGo Form with copy of receipt (copy)
- Virtus Training certificate of attendance (copy)
- Virtus Training online registration
- Clearance letter from NJ Department of Education
- A complete packet will have the following documents. Once all documents are obtained and sent to the rectory you will receive your badge.
All other inquiries or further instructions can be obtained from Lisa Cole at the rectory or emailed to Lcole@stcatharine-stmargaret.org
Volunteer Opportunities with Virtus Badge
- Recess and Lunch Duty
- Class Coordinator
- Class Trip Moderator
- Santa Sale
- Book Fair
- In School activities or fundraisers where the children are present
- Upcoming PTA Events & Volunteer Opportunities